Mattress Care Tips
Mattress Care Tips
To Prolong The Life Of Your Mattress And Control Dust Mite Allergens
- Turn your mattress regularly to help prevent unsightly and uncomfortable sagging springs. Be sure to flip both vertically and horizontally.
- Provide Support. Old, busted foundations and box spring sets may not be firm enough to provide adequate support for a high-quality bed. When you replace your bedding, also consider replacing your foundation. If you have a queen or king size mattress they require a frame with a center support.
- Invest in a Waterproof Mattress Protector. This will keep the mattress clean, keep it feeling like new, prevent dust mite allergies and protect the mattress warranty. Learn more benefits at https://www.mattressnerd.com/reasons-you-need-a-mattress-protector/
- Keep Jumping to the Trampoline: Although it’s tempting, avoid jumping on the beds and avoid letting others jump on the bed. Mattresses are not designed to withstand the weight of a person jumping on the bed
- Regularly clean your mattress to remove dust mites and allergens. If you live in Fort Wayne / Allen County call Referral Cleaning & Restoration at 260-483-4383 to schedule cleaning of your mattress. For allergy sufferers, cleaning could be done as often as every 6 months. Referral can also apply an allergy relief treatment after cleaning. Learn more allergy relief tips by clicking here
- Wash bedding weekly in hot water and dry in a hot dryer.
- Replace your pillow. An old pillow can contain up to 20 percent of its weight in dead dust mites, dust mite body parts and their fecal matter. Pillows should be replaced every six months according to Robert Oexman, DC, director of the Sleep to Live Institute and at the very least within two years.
- When moving be sure to place your mattress in a bag to keep it clean during transportation/storage. Buy mattress bags at https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Covers-Bags/Mattress-Bags?Mid=108