Why Trust Referral To Clean Your
Precious Oriental & Area Rugs?
At Referral we have the experience, training, certifications, cleaning solutions and tools to properly care for your valuable rugs.
Referral has been cleaning rugs from around the world since 1977 and has years of experience.
2.) Training / Certifications
There is so much misinformation out there on rugs, and what should and should not be done to them. We invested considerable time and expense to receive specialty training & tools from several trusted sources because we want to be sure that we are providing the best care and attention for our clients’ valuable rugs.
We have attended hands on training workshops presented by the nation’s top specialists on the care of antique and contemporary textiles and rugs. During our training we handled and viewed hundreds of rug examples, learned about rug construction, rug cleaning do’s and dont’s, and how to identify ‘rugs to run from’ – rugs that are so poorly made that they are actually un-cleanable. Most owners of these rugs have no idea that they have bought a piece that they shouldn’t have.
Referral Cleaning & Restoration is one of the only companies within 75 miles of Fort Wayne that is certified by the IICRC – The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification as an Area Rug Cleaning Technician. Our knowledge and experience will give you peace of mind that your valuable rugs will receive the best care.
We can safely and effectively clean various natural fibers such as wool, cotton, silk and also synthetic fibers such as nylon, polyester, olefin and rayon. We can clean various rug construction types and styles such as machine made tufted rugs, and wilton weave and axminster woven carpet. Specialty rug constructions include braided rugs, flatweaves including dhurries & kilims, flokati rugs, hand hooked rugs, hand tufted rugs, karastan rugs, navajo rugs, needlepoint rugs, and hand knotted rugs from all over the world.
3.) Training, Certification, & Educational Experiences
Figure A.) Ron Completed A 3 Day Rug Construction And Hands On Cleaning Course Taught By Jeff Bishop And Ruth Travis. Ruth Was A Former President Of The IICRC. Jeff Has Been Teaching To The Industry For Approximately 30 Years.
Figure B.) Ron, Ryan & Alan Received Training From Industry Experts Aaron Groseclose And Ellen Amirkhan While In The “Master Rug Cleaner” Program Aaron Is President Of Masterblend, A Company That Manufactures Cleaning Products. Ellen Is Third Generation And Current President Of Oriental Rug Cleaning Company In Dallas, Texas.
Figure C.) Ron Attended Lisa Wagner’s Rug Secrets Rug Cleaning Workshop In Chicago. We Also Traveled Twice To San Diego, California To Tour Lisa’s Rug Cleaning Plant.
Ron & Alan Had The Opportunity To Visit With A Rug Weaver On An Indian Reservation In Arizona. In These Photos You Can See The Intricate Detail Of Hand Knotted Rugs. The Rug Weaver Had Her Own Sheep To Produce The Wool Used For Weaving The Rugs. She Also Gathered Natural Plants From The Desert To Dye The Yarn Different Colors.
4.) Cleaning Solutions / Tools
Referral has the proper cleaning solutions and tools to care for your rug.
We have a variety of cleaning solutions that are safe for natural fibers, remove challenging spots/stains, remove pet urine odor, clean fringe, and remove dye bleed.
Referral’s specialized tools are designed specifically for rug cleaning to prevent fiber distortion, groom fibers and fringes, dust rugs, set up a ‘bathtub’ to immerse a rug to remove odor, and drying equipment to quickly dry rugs.
5.) Testimonials From Fort Wayne Rug Lovers
“I was a little nervous when I had my rugs cleaned because they are an investment, but Referral did an outstanding job! They handled them with care and they look spectacular! We won’t use anyone else to clean our carpet or rugs, we trust Referral!” – Mrs. Shellabarger
- My rugs look like new and smell great after Referral cleaned them. You get what you pay for an Referral went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with the great job they did. Your staff was professional, pleasant to work with and answered all of my questions. – Mrs Ranti
- I had 2 wool rugs that had not been cleaned for 25 years. Although they looked ok before, after cleaning the colors were vibrant and the fringe looked new! – Mrs Bandemer
- We had another carpet cleaning company and after clean our oriental rugs the colors faded and the rug was ruined. Referral has always done an excellent job on our oriental rugs and carpets. – Mr. & Mrs. Mitchell
- After cleaning our rugs felt like new. – Mrs. Closel
- The rugs were cleaned and look so good, its a shame we have to put them back on the floor. Thanks! – Mr. Veresh
- We brought a area rug into your office for cleaning. It looks like new. You always do a great job. Mrs. Smelztley
- The people at Referral know rugs! I was impressed with the technicians knowledge of fibers and how to care for my carpets. – Mrs. Berghoff