Care Tips To Keep Your Upholstery
Fresh, Clean & Healthy
- Vacuum dust & dirt from all fabric, cracks & crevasses so it does not cause abrasion to the fabric. Think of how much dust would accumulate on a table if it were never dusted. That same amount is in your sofa, too. You just can’t see it.
- Apply fabric protection after professional cleaning.
- Rotate all loose cushions frequently to assure even wear. Most couch cushions are reversible but people seldom take advantage of this. Every two weeks when you vacuum your furniture flip the cushions over. This will spread out the wear and make your furniture last much longer.
- Keep pets off of furniture. Pet’s body oils rub off and are very difficult to remove. To learn more about pet stains, odors and urine click here.
- Use caution with clothing such as Blue Jeans. Fabric dyes can transfer onto upholstered furniture.
- If you have animals that shed, use a rubber dish glove to easily remove pet hair from the fabric. Simply put it on and rub your hand over the fabric. You will see that the hair bunches up into clumps making it easy to pick up and vacuum up. Other options include wrapping tape around your hand, sticky side out; using a clothing lint remover, or using a clothing brush to collect the hair.
- Protect your upholstery from the sun. Ultraviolet light can cause deterioration or fading. Avoid sunlight or heat sources to avoid fading or drying of leather.
- Use a fabric shaver to remove fuzzy looking balls, known as pilling. This condition is not corrected with cleaning, it must be physically shaved off.
- Have Referral clean your upholstered furniture regularly once a year. Click here to a FREE Cleaning Quote!