Ensure your safety and the best appearance of your home after cleaning by giving attention to the following:
For Faster Drying …
- During the summer set your air conditioning to 72 degrees. During the winter set your heat to 75 degrees. Or, if appropriate weather, open windows.
- Turn your thermostat fan control setting to “On.”
- Turn on all ceiling fans (make sure air blows down) and portable floor fans.
- Turn on a dehumidifier.
- Turn off furnace humidifiers.
- Do not remove the plastic pieces placed under legs of furniture until carpet is absolutely dry. Preferably allow several days to allow moisture trapped under the plastic to evaporate, therefore preventing rust or permanent furniture stain.
- Do not replace furniture, area rugs or chair mats in cleaned areas for at least 24 hours or until dry.
For Walking On Damp Carpet …
- Keep children and pets off clean damp carpet until 100% dry.
- Avoid walking on damp carpet. If this is not possible, you may walk on the carpet with clean white socks, use inside shoes or ask your cleaning technician for a pair of shoe covers.
- If you must go in and out over the damp carpet, wipe your shoes thoroughly with a wet cloth each time before walking on the carpet. Dirt will track off on damp carpet very easily.
- Be VERY careful walking from damp carpet onto a hard surface (tile, vinyl, stone or wood) because it will be slippery!
- Do not put towels over the carpet because it will slow the drying process.
Unique Circumstances …
- Drying time – Drying time can vary widely due to the type of carpet, level of soil, humidity and airflow.
- Loose Carpet – If a carpet is loose or was not power stretched at installation it may ripple, wave, bloat or expand from high moisture much like a large sponge does when it gets wet. Don’t be alarmed, they will disappear when it is completely dry.
- Permanent Stains – We make every attempt to remove your stains. Some stains require specialized attention and advanced solutions. We will advise you of possible stain removal solutions. However some stains may be permanent depending on the deposit and the type of carpet. If this is the case we will bring these to your attention.
- Reappearing Spots – Some stains may penetrate into the carpet backing and pad. They may clean out 100% but in the drying process it may wick to the surface and reappear. This is not a technician error but a result of drying and the severity of the stain. This can commonly be corrected with additional attention. If a spot reappears please call us as soon as possible at 483-4383.
- Pet Urine Odor from pet accidents and other odor producing substances may become more noticeable for a period of time after the cleaning because of the elevated moisture content. Generally it will return to the same pre-cleaning condition after it has dried completely. We cannot be held responsible for such odor producing deposits unless we are able to identify, treat and neutralize such odors. To learn more click here to visit our Pet Urine Stain and Odor page.
- Areas Treated For Pet Urine Odor – Areas treated for urine odor will take longer to dry than when just normally cleaned. It may take up to 48 hours to dry. Turn on fans to speed up dry time.
- Pet Urine Stains – Do not speed dry treated pet stains. If covered with plastic do not remove plastic for 24 hours.
- Upholstery – Allow loose cushions and pillows to stand up with as much of the surface area not contacting anything else to allow airflow to help it dry quickly. Allow up to 24 hours for the upholstery to dry before replacing loose cushions on the base and resuming normal use.
- Mattress – Allow up to 24 hours for a mattress to dry completely. If both sides are cleaned, place the mattress on and end so air can get to both sides to dry it. When completely dry you can replace sheets, blankets and pillows and resume normal use.
- Hardwood Floors –
- If cleaning only you can walk on your floors immediately.
- If a finish was applied after cleaning you can walk on the floor with stocking feet after 3-4 hours
- You can return light furniture to the floor after 24 hours.
- You can return heavy furniture such as Pianos, Entertainment Centers, Hutches, Etc. to the floor after 72 hours.
- You can return rugs to the floor after 2 weeks
Valueable Maintenance / Care Tips
Click to learn valueable maintenance and care tips that we have complied over the years to help you extend the life of your flooring, furniture and home. You can also purchase helpful products, click here to view our selection.